Sharn: The Cauldron
These rules are in “Beta” – I’m still thinking about these and working on them. They may change.
House Rule #1: Called Shots/Dirty Tricks
A character wants to blind, unbalance, etc another character.
Information about what can be attempted is listed under the Dirty Tricks rules
- Character decides on a particular debuff
- Character spends a Bennie to do it (all Bennie costs paid up front)
- Two extra bennies for one round of blinding
- One extra bennies for one round of bleeding
- One extra bennie to knock prone
- Two extra bennies for one round of stun
- Shaken/Sickened for 1 round, no extra
House Rule #2: Bennies
Players get poker chips to allow them to perform special actions.
See Hero Points
Bennies are similar to the Hero Point optional rules. Players start the session with 5 Bennies. A bonus bennie is awarded if the player has a portrait and a background listed.
You can spend 1 Bennie either to add to a single d20 roll, increase damage, to take a special action, or to improve the use of a feat.
See the Hero Points Rules for information about how else Bennies can be used.
Hero points may also be used for the following:
At GM’s Discretion a Player may spend one or more Bennies to adjust a situation, e.g. “I grab a sword that happens to be nearby.” “I pull a minor item I’ve never declared from my pocket”.
Add to a Roll
Previously we used a d6 mechanic, this has been supersceded by that Hero Points version.
Add to a Damage
You can spend 1 bennie to add a d6 to a damage roll.